Jump Start to College Scholarship
Intended Semester: Spring 2019
Scholarship filing period: November 1, 2018- January 9, 2019
Deadline EXTENDED: January 9, 2019
Award Announcement: January 14, 2019
Download the form here: Upgrade Scholarship
Upgrade is a new regional collaborative program in San Antonio focused on supporting adults who have some college credit and no degree or certificate. If you are an adult with some college credits and you want to go back to school to finish your degree or certificate, Upgrade is here to help you explore your options.
This is a one-time scholarship for individuals who meet the scholarship criteria listed below. This scholarship is intended to help adult learners with tuition and fees. Scholarship funds will be sent to the designated institution approximately 60 business days after census date. There are seven scholarships available.
Previous winners will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship is in the amount of $500.
In order to be eligible for the Upgrade Scholarship, the student must:
- be an adult learner who is at least 25 years of age and have already completed 30 credit hours
- be an active participant in the Upgrade Program
- be attending of the following colleges: Alamo Colleges, Texas A&M San Antonio, University of Texas at San Antonio, University of the Incarnate Word, Our Lady of the Lake University, St. Mary’s University or Trinity University
- have at least a 2.0 GPA
- be working towards his/her first undergraduate degree (including certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree)
Recipient of the scholarship must agree to check in with an Upgrade advisor at least once per semester for a 30 minute advising session (phone call or in person).
- Mail all documents to Upgrade Program, 131 El Paso St., San Antonio TX 78204
*Please note: Mailed packages must be postmarked by January 2, 2019
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on January 2, 2018
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted
For questions, please contact Micaela Rios at (210)207-4563 or email@example.com