Jump Start to College Scholarship
Intended Semester: Fall 2018
Scholarship Filing Period: June 15- August 15, 2018
Deadline: August 15, 2018
Award Announcement: August 20, 2018
Download the form here: Upgrade Scholarship
Upgrade is a new regional collaborative program in San Antonio focused on supporting adults who have some college credit and no degree or certificate. If you are an adult with some college credits and you want to go back to school to finish your degree or certificate, Upgrade is here to help you explore your options.
This is a one-time scholarship for individuals who meet the scholarship criteria listed below. This scholarship is intended to help adult learners with tuition and fees. Scholarship funds will be sent to the designated institution approximately 60 business days after census date.
Previous winners will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship is in the amount of $500.
In order to be eligible for the Upgrade Scholarship, the student must:
- be an adult learner who is at least 25 years of age and have already completed 30 credit hours
- be an active participant in the Upgrade Program
- be attending a public or private non-profit institution college or university in San Antonio
- have at least a 2.0 GPA
- be working towards his/her first undergraduate degree (including certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree)
Recipient of the scholarship must agree to check in with an Upgrade advisor at least once per semester for a 30 minute advising session (phone call or in person).
- submit Application Form
- submit a personal statement explaining how the scholarship will support his/ her educational goals (500-800 words)
- submit a copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report or TASFA
- submit all unofficial copies of transcripts
- agree to meet with an advisor 30 minutes per semester
- Mail all documents to Upgrade Program, 131 El Paso St., San Antonio TX 78204
- *Please note: Mailed packages must be postmarked by August 15, 2018.or
- Email all documents to email@example.com by 11:59PM on August 15, 2018.
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted
For questions, please contact Micaela Rios at (210)207-4563 or firstname.lastname@example.org